I’ve often thought Malaysia was an underrated and overlooked country. More often than not, If you’re planning to visit Asia, chances are you’ll have thought about visiting Vietnam, Thailand or Indonesia. Sitting here now, I cannot understand why?! This was one of the BEST holidays I’ve ever been to.
Here is a short list of things I did:
- Petronas Towers
- Tapak Food Truck Park
- 24/7 breakfast
- Old and new Shopping Centres
- Multiple Mosques
- Street events
- Jazz Music at No Black Tie
I will be going back to Kuala Lumpur in February 2020 and will have a more comprehensive list to share!
Langkawi is a very short flight away from Kuala Lumpur. It’s a small island, that has white beaches and tropical forests. I highly recommend hiring a scooter to drive around the island.
- Download the Grab App before you leave. It’s a quick and affordable way to travel around Kuala Lumpur. Their train network is also a quick and easy way to go around town.
- Most of the food is halal but if in doubt, ask. There are some places like China Town where non-halal food is served.
- If you need cash, visit a bank and use the ATM inside the branch using a card like Revolut so you avoid any charges.